Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Basotho Ponies & Awkward Americans

I apologize, images will not seem to upload to the internet, foiled again! So for a quick update to those who are feeling neglected by my blogging:
I just finished finals, which were surprisingly difficult and intense (again, that american grade inflation is totally going to get me) but I survived and I think that I can say I learned something (i.e. that being surrounded/ possibly infected by intestinal parasites does not equal applicable knowledge on an exam)But for those of you reading this who are concerned for my GPA (hi mom and dad) I did fine.

We leave for Maun in two days, the ultimate Botswana tourist destination where you can go days viewing elephants and lions without having to encounter a single local outside of the tourism industry. In the meantime I have to pack.....ashes to ashes, overfull suitcase to suitcase in the end. It is surreal; I am putting together a commemorative post for all of the things I will miss in Bots (stay tuned!)

Today is thanksgiving, I thought that I would be really homesick but since it is so incredibly hot and sunny it is really easy to pretend that it is August when there are no holidays to miss. Nevertheless, in an ironic twist all of the americans are going to an indian restaurant to celebrate tonight (don't worry, it took me like 4 days to get that one). I think, also in the american economic spirit, I shall usurp the traditional food in favor of cheap chinese food. We are even going to play "what are you thankful for?" and it has to be something in addition to God, Family, or congressional approval for the healthcare bill.

I will try again later to upload lesotho picture, until then practice patience, I hear it is a virtue. sala sentle!

No comments:

Post a Comment