Thursday, December 3, 2009

The end is near (as in today)

I am sitting in the Gaborone airport about to get on a plane to Johannesburg and then London. I know it sounds trite but I cannot believe how fast the semester has gone. I only have a moment before boarding so I will list a few things I will miss:
1) Sunshine and warm- I am tan for the first time in a decade and it is kinda amazing
2) Women who you meet giving you a hug and holding your hand while they talk to you
3) Incredibly attractive foreigners who want to talk to you because you are also far fromm home
4) Batsi, aka the Zimbabwean Jesus, who can fix ANYTHING
5) Being regularly proposed to and being offered up to 60 cows for my hand (my ego is going to take a hit in the states)
6) Being able to take off for Zimbabwe for the weekend
7) Sneaking into the school pool at midnight for an illicit swim
8) The cleaning ladies....those characters
9) The yelling professor; what a teddy bear (PS he would have an aneurism reading this)
10) Other Americans, and their ridiculous experiences shared over cheap, legal alcohol. (Oh yeah, and OH MY GOD A DEAD BABY BIRD JUST HIT ME.......AHHHHHH I HAVE TO GO

No comments:

Post a Comment